Hostinger is a web-hosting provider and domain registrar. For shortening links, you need a personal branded domain or a subdomain. If you don't have a personal domain, you can buy it via Short.io or any domain registrar. Acquiring the domain via Short.io requires no set up actions. The domain will be activated automatically.
If you acquire a domain from the registrar, you have to follow some activation steps.
Straight to the video guide or learn the instruction on how to configure a Hostinger domain for shortening links on Short.io.
1. Go to your Hostinger account and buy an available domain.
2. Click "Manage" next to your domain.
3. Open the "DNS Zone" tab.
4. If you configure a domain, dedicated only for link shortening, hover over an A record and remove it.
5. Add new A records in the A records area:
@ Host; 126.96.36.199 IP address;
@ Host; 188.8.131.52 IP address.
Here's how the configuration looks:
6. Go to your Short.io account.
7. Open the User menu and choose "Add a domain".
8. Choose the third option — Add my own domain
9. Specify a domain and confirm that this domain is dedicated only for shortening links.
10. Go to your domain settings to check if the domain is active. Refresh a domain status in 1-2 hours if the domain is still inactive.
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.io domain settings.
11. After the domain is active, feel free to shorten links and enjoy Short.io.
Watch the video instruction to configure a Hostinger domain.
The article is about:
- how to configure a domain on hostinger;
- the advantages of hostinger;
- how to shorten links successfully;