Short.io integrates with Zapier, meaning that you can make magic with the short links.
Today, on the Short.io blog, we'll show how to set Short.io features automatically for the newly created short URLs. Each time a link is shortened, it has an automatically implemented link cloaking, password protection, link expiration, and UTM tags.
The idea of the following Zap is based on the Google Sheet. Every time you update a row or add a new long link to the row, the URL with the pre-defined features will be shortened.
Here's the detailed instruction
1. Go to Zapier.
2. Click Make a Zap.
Note: Automatic features require choosing Short.io as the "Action" app.
3. Choose Google Sheets as a trigger application and "New or Updated row" as trigger action.
4. Add your account.
5. Choose Drive and Spreadsheet with your long links.
6. Test the trigger.
7. Add Short.io as an Action application.
8. Choose an action you want to happen after the trigger - "Create a short link."
9. Connect your account by setting an API key: https://app.short.io/settings/integrations/api-key
10. Set a template for your future short links: choose a column with long links, set path, password, expiration, cloaking, utm parameters.
Note: Input the date and time you want the links to expire. Datetime fields take anything that can be interpreted to a date and time.
The date formats supported:
next friday at noon
tomorrow at noon
next friday at 7pm
2/13/2014 8pm EST
2014-02-26T16:56 (standard ISO format)
1393462573 (a UNIX timestamp)
11. Send a test to make sure the settings are correct.
...and voila, the link with all settings is shortened.
What did you learn?
- Zapier integration
- Shorten lisnk automatically
- Predefine features for short links
- Automatically add cloaking to short urls
Join the conversation