With digitalization, e-commerce has taken a leading role in the shopping industry. Most customers prefer buying products sitting at home rather than experiencing parking hassles. If you have already launched your online store, keep up with the latest ways to increase conversion and sales. Today, on the Short.io blog, we'll cover the methods to promote an e-shop with the help of a shortening service.
There is no need to completely redesign the site or increase the advertising budget to boost online sales. The main tip is to consider the target audience to present the products correctly.
There are some marketing insights to increase e-shop conversions and sales thanks to the URL shorteners.
Create Short Links for the Products
Creating a short link for each item lets you share and promote it separately. A vanity URL engages users because it's branded, clear, and customized. People recognize the brand at once and understand the link content. URLs like "jewelry.xyz/earrings" will definitely succeed in conquering the audience.
Finally, searchers click on a short link and visit the web page to buy some favorite items.
Insight: Short.io integrates with Shopify e-store via Zapier. The purpose of a Zap is to create short links automatically when you add a new item to your e-store. Zap simplifies the process of shortening links, as you don't need to copy a long URL and paste it to Short.io to create a shortened one. The link is shortened automatically.
Share Products on Social Media
After the link is shortened, share it on social media to make your customers aware of the availability of the items. Users can see your updates on the timeline and click a link to find out more about the goods.
Insight: By using Short.io, you can share short links straight from the dashboard. Available social networks for sharing: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Pinterest
Insight: Short.io integrates with Buffer for automatic sharing. When the link is shortened, it will automatically be published to the pre-defined social channels. The advantage is that the post will contain a link title, a description, and a web page preview that is essential for grabbing customers' attention.
By choosing Buffer, you will not only be able to send links to the eight social networks but also schedule posts.
Promote the Products
Advertising is an inevitable step in any business. It is impossible to push your e-shop to the top without a paid marketing campaign.
One of the most popular ways of advertising is retargeting. Retargeting shows ads only to users who recently visited your site and performed some actions (added a product to the cart, clicked on a short link, registered, or added payment information).
Insight: Short.io integrates with retargeting apps (AdRoll and Facebook Pixel). Using the retargeting tool shows the advertisements to those users who have already clicked your short links. This is useful if you want to drive customers back to your website to finish the purchase.
Track the Short Link's Success
Promotion without analysis is meaningless. Analytics provides an understanding of which sources of advertising are the most profitable and which products are the most popular. Analytics shows the customers' behavior, which makes it possible for you to develop future marketing strategies correctly.
Insight: Here are some apps for the advanced analysis of short links.
- Google Analytics helps to map the behavior of users from their very first visit. The statistical report is conveniently designed with graphs and tables.
- Google Tag Manager lets you set up tags to monitor users' actions, such as tracking the number of people clicking on short links or specific CTAs. Implement the tags to send them to your third-party analytical service.
- UTM tags is the most straightforward tool you can use to get accurate statistics. UTM parameters help you to identify which of your campaigns generate revenue and which don't.
- Heap automatically captures every web, mobile, and cloud interaction: clicks, submits, transactions, emails, and more.
- Mixpanel tracks user interactions with web and mobile applications and provides tools for targeted communication.
The abovementioned approaches will help to improve your e-commerce strategy by providing your customers with an uninterrupted and engaging shopping experience.
What did you learn?
- Is eCommerce a good business?
- How can I promote my ecommerce business?
- What is E-Commerce Promotion?
- How do I get my ecommerce site noticed?