During the coronavirus pandemic, the use of QR codes is gaining popularity. The advantage of using QR codes is that the instrument does not require to make contact, which helps avoid unnecessary touches and decreases the chances of infection. In this article, we'll learn why you need to use QR codes in offline marketing, where to apply them, and how to create them. Take a closer look if you want to keep up with the Joneses.
When it comes to promotion in the offline world, the set of tools is limited: advertising on TV, distribution of leaflets, and design of billboards and brochures. However, you can't place much information on printed material. Even though you can add a link to outdoor advertising, few people will manually enter the address and search for the site. The solution could be the use of QR-code technology that significantly improves the effectiveness of offline advertising campaigns.
Places to Use QR Codes
Place codes wherever people can scan them. For example, advertising banners, posters, street billboards, company business cards, and product packaging. Let's observe the real practical insights:
- Menus. Instead of giving people a paper with a list of dishes, it's a good idea to provide visitors with a QR code. After scanning, the visitors land on the website with the menu. Remember to check the efficiency of the Wi-Fi because not everybody has mobile Internet. The menu in the form of a QR code helps avoid extra contact and diminishes the spread of diseases.
- Outdoor printed material: billboards, banners, brochures, leaflets. What to encrypt? Add a link to a mentioned product, if it's an online shop, or the detailed information about applying to university, job, tour, or summer camp. The printed materials are also suitable for announcing conferences, shows, and fairs. They provide detailed info about upcoming events or enables the booking of a date that will automatically be added to the calendar.
- Business personal card. It's another type of printed material, but it's intended for another purpose. What does this encrypt? These include contact information, which is automatically added to the address book when scanning the code. The use of a QR code increases brand recognition as it shows an advanced level of interaction with clients and partners.
- Business company card. What does this encrypt? This promotes an application on iOS, Android, or the website.
- Social media sticks. The promotion of social media accounts is possible in offline marketing. Create sticks with various social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or Pinterest, wherever you need to engage users. What does this encrypt? Add a CTA phrase that will inspire users to scan a QR code. For example, for Twitter/Facebook/Instagram it could be "Follow us," "Give feedback," "Get free coupon," or "Comment on to get 15% off." If it's YouTube, then you use "Watch Video." The use of QR codes increases the number of followers and video viewers. Important: Imagine how convenient it is for users to apply just a camera and not search for your account on social media manually.
- Product packaging. What to encrypt? It is often difficult to determine the composition of the food or package, how long it will keep, etc. Provide buyers with detailed info about the product or even the receipt when scanning a QR-code. Your brand will be highly respected for worrying about the customers.
- Clothes labels. What to encrypt? You can use clothing labels to have users follow your shop on social media and get a discount. However, the better way is to supply buyers with useful information. For example, provide the fiber content, the available colors and sizes of the cloth, and the clothing catalog with a new collection.
- Clothes. What to encrypt? Add QR Codes to the stuff's clothes to make visitors leave feedback or trainers in gyms for quick access for booking the next train. You can also add links to social media or videos to increase the number of followers.
The examples mentioned above are just samples of applying QR codes. You can broaden your imagination and invent even more creative ways. Please share with us which QR code placement is more profitable for your brand.
How to Create QR-Codes
There is a wide range of services for creating QR codes. So it could be challenging to choose one from the hundreds.
Short.io Has a Free Solution
Use Short.io's QR-codes that are created automatically for each link you shorten. You can then download it or print it. The benefits of using Short.io are detailed statistics for each short link. Apart from creating free QR Codes, you can track the codes' effectiveness and conclude which one is more engaging and profitable.
Image Source: QR Code Generator
What did you learn?
- mobile marketing via qr codes
- create your qr code for free
- creative ways to use qr codes for marketing
- how to create a qr code with short.io
- qr codes during pandemie
- covid-19 and qr codes