Short.io is good at performing bulk functions, which reached six of them last month. We at Short.io consider that bulk features are indispensable when it comes to saving time and energy. The ability to handle heavy processes, like shortening 1000 links at once, benefits users.
Bulk features meet the needs of all users. After all, who doesn't want to save time and increase productivity?
Today, on the Short.io blog, we'll walk you through the password bulk creation. It allows to password protect a pack of URL instead of manually lock every short link.
How to Create Password in Bulk
The installation process is completed via the Short.io and Zapier integration. This integration is useful as it's possible to connect Short.io to hunderds of apps via Zapier.
Google Sheets is an appropriate application to configure bulk actions. When a new row is added to a Sheet, a new link is automatically shortened. Links are shortened with applying a pre-installed link template. Link expiration, UTM-tags, password, link cloaking may perform in bulk generation.
Read the instruction below on how to password-protect short URLs in bulk:
1. Sign in to your Zapier account.
2. Click Make a Zap.
Note: Automatic password requires choosing Short.io as the "Action" app.
3. Choose the trigger app you want to integrate with. We've selected Google Sheets.
4. Add your Google account.
5. Specify a needed Google Spreadsheet.
Note: Your Google Spreadsheet must contain at least 2 rows: a header and a link.
7. Choose Short.io and an action you want to happen after the trigger. Here: "Create a short link"
8. Connect your account by inputting your API key. You'll find it here: https://app.short.cm/settings/integrations/api-key
9. Now set a template for your future short links.
a) Choose a domain.
b) Specify a long URL.
c) Set a password.
10. Send a test to make sure settings are correct. Password will be automatically set in the link-edit window.
11. Remember to turn on the Zap.
Password protection for short links lets hide vital information that is dedicated only to a specific circle of people. In addition to locking websites, creating a password for google sheets or online documents that contain essential reports is must-have.
Short.io short URLs perfectly meet this challenge.
What did you learn?
- How do I password protect a URL?
- How do I lock a website?
- Can you password protect a link?
- How to password-protect short URLs in bulk
Join the conversation