One of the influencers of attracting new customers and returning those who stopped using the app is a push notification. This is a small pop-up that appears on the screen of a mobile device. Push notifications are noticeable as they pop up over the opened windows and tabs.
The main task of the tool is to "push" a user to open the app. The CTAs are used in the form of pushers to deliver the necessary information.
What are The Benefits for Users?
Push notifications provide users with the relevant immediate news so that customers are always aware of updates. It's the most convenient way to get useful information, as customers do not need to check emails to find out the news or call the manager to check the status of the order.
Let's look at the examples:
1. Discount notifications
2. New features/goods are available.
3. Reminders for returning to the app (helpful for games)
4. Some basic ones like new SMS, transaction, video on a YouTube channel
What are The Benefits For Marketers?
1. High Open Rate
Mobile push notifications grab more attention compared to other communication channels, like email and SMS. Pushes deliver the information to a smartphone screen even if the application is closed and the screen is locked. Being correctly targeted, notifications motivate customers to open the provided information.
All pushes are stored in the Notification Center of the device until a user deliberately removes or swipes them off the screen. The chances that users will see the notification are 100%, except in cases when notifications are turned off.
2. Safe Delivery
Users receive a notification instantly after you send it. The probability of sending an error is eliminated. Besides, pushes, in comparison to emails, will never end up in a spam folder.
3. Flexible Target Audience
Notifications require little information about users to create a valid push message. You can use any available data about your contacts:
- the users who have installed the app;
- the users who are using the app at the moment;
- target users by a device (iOS or Android);
- target users by an average bill;
- target users by the last date of using the app.
Personalize pushes based on the behavior of a determined user: time of activity, or completed actions. For example, if a customer listened to books every day at 8 PM and hasn't already listened for three days, it would be proper to send a push notification at 8 PM to remind the user to listen to the book. The push notification can contain the name of the book the user listened to.
Push notifications are similar to short links.
- Pushes are reliable: They never end up in a spam folder. Short links, thanks to a branded domain, never go to the trash.
- Pushes are attractive: They have a simple design and a short motivational text. Short links are engaging—a short domain and a customized slug.
- Pushes are safe: Users definitely know the application that sent a notification. Short links are secure: Thanks to a customized slug, users detect the URL content.
What did you learn?
- push notification service;
- apple push notification;
- mobile push notifications;